"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Colossians 3:1-4

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sings of Spring/Wind

Although where I live it's thirty degrees out as well as dreary, I still have my mind on the Signs of Spring. My favorite sign is the wind... I've written a series of poems on the wind recently, and I'd like to share them with you.

Feel the Seasons

The gentle wind of spring
Is as fresh as it is free
Caresses your face
Lifting you up

The movement of air
We call wind in the spring
Brings no more pleasure
Than the opening of the oven

Fall brings a breeze
Cool and alerting
Silently hinting
Of the freeze that’s to come

Winter’s gusts
Freeze to the bone
Leaving one wishing
For springtime to come.


Breeze

 gentle spring
fresh, free
Caresses
Lifts

movement
 called wind
no pleasure
oven

Fall breeze
Cool, alerting
Silently hinting
freeze

Winter gusts
Freeze
Leaves wishing
springtime

Wind

Gentle
Movement
Cool
Fresh
Alerting
Free
Wishing
Caresses
Leaves
Lifts
Pleasant
Wind


I hope you've enjoyed them! From now on I will post regularly on Sunday afternoons at 3:00 and on Wednesday evenings at 7:00. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the poems. I'm continually looking for signs of spring, too. So far, not many. *sigh* I'll be looking forward to those promised posts!

    ReplyDelete