"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Colossians 3:1-4

Friday, March 7, 2014

Signs of Spring

Spring is in the air! I am so excited. I cannot wait for the day that the snow is gone, the ground is warm, and we can plant new seeds in our garden. Yet now is the time to be excited over the warm sun, fresh wind, and active animals. Here are some of my signs of spring:


 A sparrow couple have inhabited this birdhouse all winter, and today we caught them nest building. The female is peeking out the hole, while her mate is sitting on the branch to the right of her. They've been around so long... I'm thinking they need names. :)


Brenden (My 12 year old brother) caught this picture today. We have three squirrels off and on in our backyard. Two of them have names, we affectionately call them 'Dog Toy' and 'Dog Chew' because they like to tease the dog next door. We've only seen the third one a couple times... he needs a name too. 

                

Today we drove by my Dad's work, and saw a Blue Heron in a pond nearby! Luckily I had brought the Ipod and was able to snatch a couple pictures of him.


It was so lucky I got the picture of him flying! It was a blind shot. We were really close, he was only a yard from the side of the road (We were in the car). He wasn't very happy about that. Dad indicated he's been living there! 

I'll leave you today with a poem I memorized, and a promise for another post soon. I've been writing spring poetry (right now is the perfect time to write some), so once I finish the series I'm working on I'll share it with you!

Out in the Fields

The little cares that fretted me,
I lost them yesterday,
Among the fields above the sea,
Among the winds at play.
                          -Unknown




1 comment:

  1. What a nice place to come to...I'm excited to see signs of spring also!

    ReplyDelete