"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Colossians 3:1-4

Monday, December 1, 2014

Burdens #2

Recently I realized I didn't share with you all how we gave up our burdens. Here are the steps:


1. Recognize the lie you are believing

2. Find truth in Scripture that combats your lie

3. Realize that God doesn't want to you believe this lie and that Jesus has already carried this weight for you

4. Replace the lie with the truth

Okay, these may not make a lot of sense, so let me illustrate it with a lie I've believed.

The lie:

  "Part of me is not made in God's image"

  Let me break this down. I've always had this subconscious belief that the 'good' parts of me were made by God and were just the way that He wanted them to be, but the 'bad' parts were due to the Fall.  Do you see how this can grate on one's self esteem?

The truth:

Psalm 139:13-16


13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.


14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

My youth leader used pieces of this verse to show me that God uses all of me, the good and the bad, for a purpose. There is no 'mistake' or 'mess up' in who I am. And now, I work of believing the truth instead of the lies. 


Becca



2 comments:

  1. I really like your new look for your blog!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it was looking kinda bland so I changed it up. ;)

      Delete