"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Colossians 3:1-4

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Natural Nail Pens

Ever since nail pens came out, I've wanted one. There was only one problem... I only use natural nail polish, unless I'm at someone else's house. Here are the brands I've used and their pros and cons.



                                           
                                            This is No Nail Polish. I think we bought it a Whole Foods. They were pretty                                                expensive.
                                             Pros: paint lasts a good amount of time
                                             Cons: They smell quite a bit like regular polish

This is It's Dry clear base/top coat. It's the only natural top coat I've tried so far.  It was also purchased at Whole Foods.
Pros: It works.
                                                                       Cons: It smells too.
This is Piggy Paint. The little bottles are sold at Walmart, they have packs of two for $6 and packs of three for $9. The rest I bought on their website, www.piggypaint.com, for $9 each. 
Pro: It does not smell hardly at all!
Cons: It begins to chip the day after you paint your nails.


I really don't like my hands smelling for long periods of time. Yet the other day I got a tiny nail pen as a party favor. Using it wasn't really an option for me because of the smell. So as soon as I got home I turned it into a natural nail pen. I wanted to share for others like me who won't use the chemicals just for the design. 

What you will need:
  • A nail pen (This is the website printed on the bottle. I've not looked at it yet, so I don't know what the content is. www.npwgifts.com)
     
This is what they look like. My original color was orange.
  • A new bottle of the nail polish of your choice
  • Chemical nail polish remover
  • Q-tips
  • Paper plate
  • Metal BB
  • Plastic Baggie 
  • Disposable cup
  • Napkins
Instructions:
  1. Twist open the Nail Art bottle and set the brush on the paper plate.
  2. Dump as much of the polish as you can into the disposable cup.
  3. Use the Q-tips to wipe out the container. Once you get it fairly clean dip the Q-tips into the nail polish container and continue to wipe. Place used Q-tips in the cup with the polish.
  4. Clean brush/cap with Q-tips, napkins, and nail polish remover. 
  5. Place the cup with the used Q-tips and napkins in the plastic baggie. Dispose the bag and paper plate. 
  6. Rinse bottle and cap well with water.
  7. Allow the bottle and cap to dry.
  8. Pour your nail polish into the now clean* Nail Art bottle.
  9. Drop the metal BB into the bottle. (It helps with mixing.)
  10. Enjoy your natural nail art pen!
I used Piggy Paint's color Jazz It Up. Piggy Paint is my favorite, because it hardly has any smell.
*I got my bottle mostly clean, I still have a ring of orange around the top. 



                                         

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing. I'm so doing this one day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete