"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Colossians 3:1-4

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Tale of Woe

First of I want to apologize, this isn't the post I wanted to post as of Sunday. I looked at the clock around 5pm after a busy day, a nap, and chores and school work waiting when I realized I still needed to blog! While you wait, please read Tori's post http://tangledreflections.blogspot.com/2014/03/almost-average-day-post-power-of-gods.html, which was the sermon before the one I will post about and is a great set up. This is not "A Tale of Woe" though, that will be my poem.

This is a poem I wrote when I was playing around in my room, trying to concoct a song that ended up being this poem. "Relating to any person, living or dead, is entirely coincidental," or however that goes. :)

                                           A Tale of Woe

                                                     I've come to tell
                                                         a sorrowful tale
                                                         that wrings my heart with grief
                                             
                                                        I've come to tell
                                                        a sorrowful tale
                                                        that pains me just to think
                                
                                                        first I had a bird
                                                        not significant you may think
                                                        but that was the beginning 
                                                        of all my grief

                                                        it was a rare beauty
                                                        that young bird of mine
                                                        then one day
                                                        in its prime,
                                                        it died

                                                       after that bird of mine
                                                       died so carelessly
                                                       the war began
                
                                                       then everyone
                                                       seemed to have died
                                                       with my husband 
                                                       and children too

                                                       then my family left
                                                       to escape the war
                                                       and I was left alone

                                                       now I've told my tale of woe
                                                       of my life shattered brutally
                                                       so take pity
                                                       on this young widow
                                                       whose joy ended to suddenly

 This is so ridiculously tragic I had my English tutor roaring by the time she finished it. I'm sorry this is positioned weirdly, I don't know what's wrong with my computer. I hope you've enjoyed it!
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment